Monday, June 2, 2014

I Woke Up This Morning With A Heavy Heart

Being a mom and a grandmother can bring the greatest joy or the heaviest heartbreak. My daughter is getting a divorce! After struggling to make her marriage work for many years, fighting breast cancer while pregnant with her 4th child, and trying to live in a way that honors God, she has made a difficult decision to divorce.
My heart is heavy not only for her and the children but for her husband. I am grief stricken that bad choices time and again have landed them in this place of brokenness . I believe with my whole heart that my son-in-law has the potential to be a most amazing man. Whether or not God placed the picture of him in my mind as a spiritually strong man, that is how I've seen him in my prayers and in my heart. I have believed he would grow into that man. I have loved him and I still do.
I am angry that the 'enemy of our souls' seems to be winning a victory here. I will choose to believe that God can redeem even this situation and turn it into good.
Meanwhile my heart is heavy for all of them......

Lesson in love: God can do immeasurably more than we can hope or imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment