Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Spontaneous and loving it

Today I took my 20 month old grandson on a walk around the block, or rather I chased after him. It is so much fun to point out the glories of Gods creation, colors, textures, and fragrances. He was more interested in ants and a VERY small puddle. I let him slap his hands in it a few times and then before I realized what he was doing he was down on his tummy lapping at the moisture with his tongue. I picked him up and his face radiated joy.
It occurs to me that our faces would radiate joy if we allowed the little things of life to refresh us. God has offered to be living water in our lives to bring us abundant life. He wants to walk with us through the puddles of life. What would happen if we fell down on our faces and lapped up the joy and wonder  He offers in the little things?
Love from the Dahl house: John 4:14
"But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment