Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CHILDREN ARE AN INHERITANCE FROM THE LORD

There is nothing that compares to the joy of spending time with grandchildren! I suppose the reason is that I am not as exhausted as I was with my own children. Raising 6 children often found me in a distracted frame of mind, unable to focus in on them individually as much as I would have liked. Anyway I think everyone of my 14 grandchildren is the 'cats meow ': intelligent, talented, funny, athletic, witty..........
This morning Parker , 7, ran to me and threw her arms around me in a big hug, looked up into my eyes and said, "I love you, Grandma" . Then hugging me even tighter she said, "you are so warm and I am so.......cold". Ooooolala! My heart was more than full. 
The BIble teaches that our children are an inheritance from The Lord ! What an inheritance! My hearts desire is to be the kind of grandparent that mirrors the amazing, loving God that I know. I want to be a warm, sheltering harbor for them when they are cold and hurting or overflowing with joy and fun. I want to listen to their hearts beyond what their words might be. I want to be one of their first flesh and blood examples of what Jesus is like.
Lesson of love from the Dahl house: Matthew6:33.                                                                                  
"
" Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you as well."

God loves to pour out love upon those who seek him .

No comments:

Post a Comment