Monday, March 24, 2014

The Joy of Chocolate Strawberries

Last night 3 of my grand daughters came for an overnight stay. Our adventure for the evening was to make chocolate dipped strawberries ! The girls love to try doing something they have never done before. They greet every new experience with exuberance and excitement to learn; overflowing with the joy of being "big enough"!
For me the joy comes from being a part of teaching them an attitude of fearlessness when attempting something new. They have no need to fear failure because I am standing right beside them to guide them and lend a helping hand. When their little hands tremble, my larger hand is available to steady and support their beginning steps.
I wonder if God feels the same about us when we flap our fledgling wings and attempt to do something that challenges us? Writing a blog definitely falls into that category for me. I am more than a little computer challenged!!( My poor daughter Rebecca has been answering nonstop phone calls as I seek instruction.) And yet,I somehow know my Heavenly Father is as close to me as I am to my grand daughters, ready to step in and guide my hand if I tremble with fear of failure or ridicule.
The best part of moving forward in spite
 of anxiety is the sweetness of the fruit of success,whether it is chocolate strawberries or a blog successfully published!
Lesson in love from the Dahl House:
Hebrews 13:5-6
For God has said, "I will never, never fail you nor forsake you". That is why we can say without any doubt or fear, "The Lord is my Helper and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me."

1 comment:

  1. The girls had a wonderful time with you, mom. You are definitely the one to teach fearlessness while trying something new.

    ReplyDelete